Thursday, February 10, 2022

My Kids, My Decision

 This is a really good moral dilemma problem to present to high school/college kids. 

1. I have the right as a parent to decide whether or not my children should wear masks.
2. The public good supersedes your right to make what might be a negligent decision regarding your children. 

What's prompted this is the growing wave of rebellion among parents who are insisting they and they alone have the right to decide if their children should or should not wear masks in the midst of a pandemic.

On the other side are state & local governments and school systems who are insisting that children wear masks for their own good.  

However, many states and schools are folding to parent demands.  The questions is, is this a good thing or not?  Is the health and welfare of the public more important than a parent's rights or not?  Thus the dilemma. 

If you thought you were going to get the answer here, you were mistaken.  But I can tell you this. I am leaning toward the "public welfare" side-for now anyway.

No comments: