Friday, February 25, 2022

Another trip around the sun

Well, that makes 79.  Seventy nine trips around the sun, that is.  My last year in the 70s.  The only member of my family who has made it this far is my paternal grandmother who lasted to 91.  All things considered I'd say I had a fair shot at that. It all depends on how the kidneys hold out!

The logical question at this point is: what have I learned in 79 years?  Well, the logical answer is no more than I knew when I sat down to do this last year.  I guess the only thing you can do is what ever it takes to  keep going.  At this point I take nothing for granted.  Within the past year alone I've lost several friends so I'm acutely aware of the fact that only the rocks live forever.  

So the goal for the next year is to be able to sit down a year from now and pretty much repeat what I'm saying here.  Fortunately I have a network of friends and an awesome family to help with that so we're good to go.  See you in a  year!

No comments: