Thursday, September 30, 2021

Renewed Faith

Every once in a while something happens to renew my faith in humanity.  In spite of all you hear and see of profound idiots in this country, there are a lot of genuinely good people around.

Take yesterday for example.  I went to the dump with an especially large load of crap including an old metal swing chair that I picked up from my daughter's.  

When I initially pulled in at least two guys asked me if I wanted help unloading it.  Then when I got to the metals pile where it was to go another couple of guys offered help.

This happens frequently at the dump.  There's always someone there picking through the various piles and when ever they see another person with heavy or cumbersome objects to get off their trucks they are quick to offer help.  It's like a club there.  

Who would have thought you'd have to go to the dump to meet a bunch of nice, considerate people!?

No comments: