Friday, February 7, 2020

Back to Kindergarten

A couple of weeks ago I ran into a bunch of former colleagues at a small function.  One of them-a kindergarten teacher-asked me to come to her classroom to do a science lesson.  I happily agreed.

It's been a while since I worked with kinders, as they're called.  My last contact with them was when my younger grandson was a kinder.  He's now in fifth grade so I was a little rusty. 

Yesterday was the day of the lesson and it seems I haven't lost my touch.  The kids were great and the lesson went very well.  So well, in fact, it seems the teacher will be asking her colleagues if they'd like me to do it for their classes.  Of course I will be happy to comply.

I've been retired from full time teaching for 16 years but for a few years after that I subbed and then volunteered in my grandsons' classes.  This year I haven't done much until now and it felt good to get back in there.  I hope there will be more to come.

As they say-Once a teacher, always a teacher.



No comments: