Monday, September 16, 2019

Proofread, proofread, proofread!

I know I've written about this before but I think it warrants a revisit.  I see a lot of text messages, Facebook messages and emails and I continue to be amazed at how careless people are about simple grammar and spelling. 

Very often I get a message or email that is utterly incomprehensible.  I always respond with something like "What the hell are you talking about?"  The sender invariably replies with an apology and the excuse that auto correct is to blame to which I respond,  BULL!

What happened to the tedious but necessary art of proofreading BEFORE hitting the send button?  Apparently gone by the wayside.  The fact is no one really cares.  Big deal. A typo. The recipient will figure it out. 

Oh well. I will continue my crusade to bring pride and accuracy back to the written word. 

No comments: