Saturday, April 8, 2017

Our house guest

Beginning today we will be hosting our new grand dog for a week.  Since Sandi is up to her eyeballs in tax returns, the lion's share of the care will come from me.

Boomer is my son's family's boxer  puppy who will be staying with us while they're in Florida for spring break.

I've done a lot of dog sitting over the years for both of my kids.  Becky and her family have a yellow lab.  But this is the first time I'll be in charge of a puppy who has yet to be house broken.

Among the instructions I rec'd are these:
Eats three times a day.
Goes in his cage at about 10 P.M. and is up by about 6:30 (I suspect this is rather optimistic).
Needs to go out every hour and rewarded with a treat when he's done.
Can not be walked in public places where other dogs are walked. He's still too young for vaccinations so he's at risk for parvo, et al.
Not mentioned but assumed is the usual stuff about plenty of exercise and guarding against chewing.

So it will be an interesting week.  When I do go out, he'll have to be caged.  Our house has too many ways for him to get into trouble since it's not really 'puppy-proofed'.

I'll keep you informed as to how things are going.

Cute little guy, isn't he?


No comments: