Friday, April 29, 2016

Book Review

I just finished a reading a book called "The Nightingale" written by Kristin Hannah. It's about two french women and their experiences during World War II.  That's all I'll tell you about it lest I spoil the read for you.

If you like history, especially World War II history, this is an absolute must read.  But even if you don't like history it's a book you should read.  It's the story of unbelievable human endurance.  It covers a huge range of  experience-from great love and sacrifice to intolerable evil. 

Fair warning though.  While this is one of the best books I've read, it is not an easy read and by that I don't mean because it contains a great deal of esoteric vocabulary.  I mean because it will leave you drained.  I can only imagine how the author must have felt after she finally penned the final word.

Read it.  You won't regret it.

No comments: