Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Morning in First Grade

This morning I had the honor of being a guest in Brooke's first grade classroom.

Brooke was selected as the VIP for the week and she asked me to come in and read a story to her class.

When I was done, her teacher and I talked for a while and I'm now going to be helping out on Thursdays.

What's better than that? Winning a fortune in the lottery or Power Ball wouldn't be as good--although the rest of my family might have a different view of that position.

Then when I left Brooke's class, I went to my son's house where I stayed with my two grand sons for a time.

I really do feel bad for people who don't have grand children.

Of course in order to have grand children, you have to have their parents first, right? That's where some people have a problem. But that's OK. If one is not inclined to be a parent, then they shouldn't be.

There's no crime in choosing to have a childless life. But for me it's unthinkable.

Tomorrow we're leaving for Florida. Our children and their children will be coming in soon after. I can't wait!!

No comments: