Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy 100 Days!

Well, here we are-100 days into the Obama presidency already. Amazing. Where does the time go? The Wall Street Journal devoted a full section to this important milestone; the news magazines are covering it; it's been all over morning and evening news programs; and even the president himself had yet another news conference marking this important anniversary. But nowhere have I seen anyone ask the most important question of all: What's he done for ME personally? The heck with the rest of the nation and world. Well, let's see....I do know that as a Social Security recipient and veteran I can look forward to the arrival of my portion of the stimulus package. I haven't actually received it yet so I'm sort of counting my chickens before they've hatched-as it were. But I'm sure I'll get it and, man, I can't wait. It could be as much as $250!!! What shall I do with all that money? I KNOW!!! I have confidence that GM is going to come out of this crisis stronger than ever so I think I'll invest my money wisely and buy 10,000 shares of GM stock! Great idea, huh? OK, OK, so I'm being a little sarcastic. All kidding aside, you have to give the guy credit. He has gone a long way toward undoing a lot of the damage done by Bush and Cheney-although Cheney is still out there spreading his share of venom and anger but no one's listening except Fox News viewers. Obama has also taken the necessary steps to pull the nation out of recession (make that depression if you happen to be the one out of work) and most important of all he's given people hope that things will improve-well, most people that is. Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh and others of their ilk continue to whine and snivel about this, that and the other thing. Fortunately, my remote is working just fine so when I see or hear them, click click. They're gone! Cool, huh? Aren't you glad I invented it??

No comments: