Thursday, January 11, 2024

End of Year Report

I like to keep track of things.  I don't know why. It's just one of those many weird things I do.  For example I keep track of how much fuel oil and propane we use every year and I keep track of how much fuel our cars use.  I do that last one mostly because by doing that I discovered a certain gas station was stealing our credit card information and I was able to stop it.  

Another thing I keep track of is all the books I read through out the year.  Strange, isn't it? I mean who cares how many books you've read? No one,  but I do anyway. So here's my end of year report on the books I've read.  The total is 31.  They are all fiction.  I have to admit. I'm not big on non fiction.  That's not to say  I've never read non fiction but I just prefer fiction-especially historical fictional.

So for my favorite book of 2023 the honors go to The Parisians by Marius Gabriel.  It is a World War Two era novel about people struggling to survive the Nazi occupation of Paris.  Like many of the books I've read about World War Two, it focuses on the hardships of civilians as opposed to those of the soldiers.  

Now it's 2024 and I'm just finishing a book I started toward the end of 2023 so I have to pick my next book.  I'm not sure what it's going to be so stay tuned.

No comments: