Monday, November 13, 2023

I was just sitting here looking over my calendar on my computer and I discovered that the first two weeks of November have been marked by:

Three visits to a vascular surgeon

Two visits to a blood lab

A visit to an eye doctor

A visit to my primary care MD

A visit to an infusion center

A visit to my kidney doctor

That's a total of nine medically related appointments in 14 days. On top of that I'm on so many medications I have to keep a paper listing them in my wallet so every time I'm asked what meds I'm on I pull it out and read from it. 

 It's not that I'm critically sick or falling apart. It's just that I need to stay on top of things or I will be falling apart.  Such is life at 80 years old.  

Of course, I'm not alone in this constant battle to stay somewhat fit.  Many of my friends are fighting the same fight. And the fact is I will never be totally free of some sort of medical issue.  That's just the way it is. 

So what should a person do to deal with this?  Simple. Just keep going.   What else can you do?   The alternative is not very pleasant so it all goes down to my life motto: keep calm and carry on. And to anyone else who is dealing with the same issues, I would give you the same advice. 


No comments: