Thursday, May 4, 2023

Back from Florida...and what a trip it was!

 Well, here we are, the first full day back from Florida. We left warm, sunny weather and arrive to chilly, overcast weather.  Aside from that there is nothing good to say about our recent trip to our condo. 

Our troubles all began when our limo driver never showed up to take us to the airport.  I called the company to find out where he was and they said he had the wrong time.  By then it was too late for them to pick us up so we cancelled.  I was able to salvage a little bit of the day by booking a later flight from a different airport.  Then we called a different limo service and in spite of the last minute we were able to arrange for transportation.  

By the time we got to our condo it was really too late to do anything so we watched a little TV and went to bed.  The next day I did a few chores on my list but was increasingly bothered with a bad cough and stuffy nose so I went to urgent care.  I got some cough medicine and an antibiotic. By the time we got done there it was too late to get anything more accomplished on my list.

The next day we spent replacing burned out light bulbs and low batteries.  It was also time to change the A/C filter. Things continued to go fairly smoothly until I heard my wife yell out a scream.  There in the middle of our hallway was a 4 foot long snake.  I think it must have slipped in when I was unloading stuff from the car.  When we have several trips to make from the car to the condo we usually leave the front door open until we're done.  

My wife gave me a blanket to throw over it and the plan was I would gather it up and toss it outside.  As we approached our little friend he slithered into the front bedroom and hid under a bed.  We decided to close the bedroom door and seal the bottom with duct tape.  Then we called our property management company.  They sent someone over but when we went back in the bedroom we couldn't find the snake.

Our next step was to call a company that specialized in removing wildlife from people's homes.  They came over the next day and were able to locate it and get rid of it. That meant we had to spend the night with a snake trapped in one of our bedrooms.  I slept fairly well but my wife was up off and on all night.

After that we were able to continue with our chores and prepare our condo for a long period of absence. But all in all it wasn't one of our more relaxing trips.

No comments: