Friday, February 24, 2023

The big EIGHT O.

Today marks my eightieth trip around the sun.  Tons of people have reached out to me on Facebook, all the people in the nursing home where I volunteer  gave me stuff and my family and many of my friends acknowledged the day with messages and emails.  And they're not through.  Apparently there's going to be some sort of celebration this coming weekend.  All of this is a far cry from my childhood birthdays but that's a whole other story!

After 80 years one would logically wonder what words of wisdom I have accumulated for the benefit of younger folks but I regret to say the list is not that long. 

I have come to realize that what I thought was important when I was younger has changed over time.  That's to be expected as far as I'm concerned.

At one time my family, career and financial security were dominant.  Today, it's just my family and financial security but added to that is my health. And that's true for all of my friends as well. 

So my advice?  Take care of yourselves. Yeah, yeah, we all know, life is short but that doesn't mean you should be stupid. 

No comments: