Friday, October 21, 2022

Odds and Ends

Herein lies yet another edition of "odds and ends".

1. Lawn signs/TV political ads: Man, am I ever sick of these things.  How many lawn signs does it take to convince someone to vote for their guy (or gal)?  I mean is it really necessary to have as many as a dozen signs lined up in a row?  Freedom of speech and all that is fine but let's use a little common sense. 

The TV ads are just as annoying as the lawn signs.  As it gets closer and closer to election day, the ads get more and more nasty.  I guess all this is a small price to pay for living in a democracy but I can't wait for election day.

2.  I wish the democrats would stop talking up the abortion side of the recent Roe vs Wade decision.  I realize that's what everyone thinks it's about but to me it isn't.  To me it's about choice-a woman's choice to decide for herself matters concerning her life.  I think that argument would gain more traction with voters.

3. How about FL governor Ron DeSantis and Texas governor Gregg Abbott sending migrant families to New York and Martha's Vinyard?  It doesn't matter where you stand on the immigrant issue.  It simply a matter of human decency.  These two governors are using people to make their point and it stinks.  They're a couple of sleazy dirt bags who are up for reelection this year.  Dare we hope they're voted out?

4. And now on a more cheerful note:  We just returned from Rome, Italy.  We went there with my daughter's family to visit my grand daughter who is in her first semester of college there.  It was a busy but great trip.  We got to see the Colosseum, the Vatican, the Roman baths and many other interesting historical sites.  

We did a great deal of walking which was fortunate since the food is amazing.  From time to time we took a cab to further places.  Thank God I wasn't driving.  They're nuts over there.  You take your life in your hands walking and driving.  

I will post pictures on my web site soon.  Check it out.  http://georgeswebpage.com

 

 





No comments: