Thursday, August 25, 2022

Time marches on.

 Here we are, less than a week to September and my last post was over two weeks ago.  It has been a generally quiet period of time.  August is usually very busy with doctors' appointments but other than that there's not a lot going on.  Because of the heat and humidity, I spend more time inside than out.  I can't take the heat like I used to.  

One good thing that's come out of this idle period is I've discovered a new series of books that I'm enjoying.  It's the Lady Hardcastle series.  It's about a British lady who has become an amateur sleuth. She has a Lady's maid named Flo who is an important part of all the cases they handle too.  

It's written in a very British fashion and I find it very funny but it's not for everyone, that's for sure.  Give it a try with book one.

Our oldest grand child is leaving for Rome on Sunday to begin her first semester of college.  It will be a bitter-sweet moment because we're happy for her new adventure but we'll miss her too.  

Other than that, there's not much going on.  Stay tuned.  Something is bound to come up.

No comments: