Saturday, August 28, 2021

Odds and Ends

 Not much going on these days as summer draws to a close.  Here are a few highlights.

1. I am happy to report that hurricane Henri turned out to be much less dramatic than all the media hype being dumped on us prior to it.  I did the usual things people do before a hurricane just to be safe but we didn't even lose power.  We did get quite a bit of rain though but we needed it anyway.  So now it's on to the next one-when ever that is.

2.  The COVID pandemic is continuing to be a problem here.  We're back to masking inside and kids returning to school have to wear masks.  No one is happy about it and some are furious with Connecticut's governor for the new rules but guess what? It's not his fault.  If you need someone to blame I suggest you look at those stupid enough to think they don't need to be vaccinated.  That's where the problem is.

3. We have had very hot and humid weather lately-exactly the kind of weather I can't work in.  Consequently my back yard is starting to look like a hay field. It's too hilly to use a riding mower on and it's too difficult and wet to use a hand mower on.  What I need is a goat!  I'll have to think about that.

4.  I recently bought a photography course from The Great Courses foundation.  I'm about a quarter of the way through it.  I've been taking a lot of pictures which I post on my web site so don't forget to stop by.  Some of the pictures are taken with a trail cam but most are mine.  Let me know what you think. Click here http://georgeswebpage.com

That's it for now. 

No comments: