Friday, October 18, 2019

Blogging

I just read a blog written by a friend of mine (http://gaellynch.blogspot.com/?spref=fb) that shows perfectly the difference between average writing and beautiful, creative writing.  Mine, in case you didn't know, is the average writing.  I make sure I'm grammatically correct and that everything is spelled correctly.  I also explain myself fairly clearly and thoroughly.  I guess you could say I write more like a journalist than a novelist.  In fact I used to write a weekly column for an on-line news website called Patch. 

I enjoy blogging because it gives me a chance to share ideas or put a smile on someone's face or just plain vent so my blogs cover a wide range of topics. 

Someone somewhere is reading them because my hit counter is approaching the fifty thousand mark and that certainly isn't just me checking my hit counter.  Sometimes I even get comments but the person commenting seldom identifies him/herself.  Most of the comments follow blogs of a sensitive nature like politics or gun control.  I have never received a nasty or threatening response.

The blog I linked above deals with the amount of time people spend staring at the screens of their cellphones.  It is not at all critical or snarky.  Read it and you'll see what I mean.  Then remember where you read it and return to that blog from time to time.  You won't regret it.

No comments: