Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Mid-terms

Today is election day-the midterms to be exact.  Donald Trump's name does not appear on a single ballot anywhere but this election is as much about him as it is about the various candidates who are on the ballot.

The republican candidates, like it or not, represent Trump's brand of politics and leadership.  At first this may not appear to be fair but then again I don't hear any of them attempting to distance themselves from his harsh, hateful rhetoric.

For the democrats it's a chance for America to reject all those things Trump stands for: hatred, intolerance, bigotry, racism and violence. 

I voted at noon and I've never seen the polling place where I vote so packed so there's no question there's a great deal of feeling all around about the outcome. 

Political pundits are saying they think the dems will take back the house but  the GOP will keep the senate.  I'm hoping for a clean sweep.  A resounding rejection of all that has gone on for the past two years.

The truth I'm sure will lie somewhere in between.  If in fact the democrats do take Congress back I hope there's no gloating.  After all we'll still be stuck with Trump for the next two years!

No comments: