Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Two things

1. I just finished reading a book called A Man Named Ove by Swedish writer Fredrik Backman. It is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read.  I'm not going to tell you about it.  Read it. 

2. Have you ever written a letter or email to a Congressman?  I have. Over the years I have written senators and representatives about a variety of issues.  The latest messages were emails to two Senators.  Every congressman has a web site which makes it easy to tell them what you're thinking or ask them a question.

I wrote to Senators Blumenthal and Murphy of CT.  I expressed my outrage over Trump's recent executive order repealing what I considered to be important climate regulations.  

Usually what happens is that you get an auto response thanking you for your input. Whether or not the person it was supposed to go to has actually seen it is anyone's guess.  I did get two responses to the last message I sent to Sen. Chris Murphy before this one so we'll see. 

Still, does it do any good to complain to a congressman?  Especially if that congressman is a member of a minority party?  Probably not but I have to confess it did make me feel a tad better.  At least I got my two cents in. 


No comments: