Friday, March 17, 2017

How old is YOUR snow shovel?

Odd question, isn't it?  The reason I ask is because a few days ago we got hit by the largest snow storm of the year.  As usual, news crews went around talking to  merchants who sell snow shovels.  The common answer is "sold out."   I find this amazing.  Why do so many people need snow shovels?  Do they throw them away after every storm?  Do they get lost? How can you wear out a snow shovel?

I have three snow shovels.  Each one has a purpose.  My oldest shovel is made of metal and it's over 30 years old.  My second one is about 5 years old.  The one it replaced had a cracked wooden handle. It was about 15 years old.  The third one is about 3 years old. It's one of those designed for pushing the snow.  It replaces one that after about 10 years it was so worn down it did practically nothing.  So I suppose stuff does happen but to so many people so often?

Beats me. But this is how my mind sometimes works.  Silly things like this stick in my head so naturally I share it with you.  Now you can think about it too.

So Happy St. Patrick's Day one and all.  Now go find your shovel.  More snow is on the way!
 

No comments: