Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fresh starts

This weekend Sandi and I spent most of our time helping our daughter and her family get settled into their new house.  As anyone who has ever moved knows, it is a seemingly endless process involving a lot of work.  Much of that work can be reduced by a helpful family.

Coincidentally, it was 27 years ago this exact weekend that Sandi and I moved into our current residence.  Pete & Becky were 11 & 13 at the time.  They probably don't remember but they helped with the packing and lugging too.  Other than that, it was Sandi and me.  This is not a complaint or condemnation of anyone.  It's just an acknowledgement of the saying "many hands make light work."

Looking around our house and property now and thinking of the possibility of moving at some point in the future makes me shutter. But in the back of my mind I know we'd have two children, their spouses and four grand children to help.  That would certainly lighten the load.  

No comments: