As I sit here and write this at 7 A.M. Wednesday morning, I await the arrival of Cole & Nicholas. It's going to be another hot day so I'm sure we'll be in the pool.
Also coming today is our water treatment company to treat our well with chlorine. A recent water test revealed we have Coliform bacteria in our water. My research reveals that this type of bacteria does not directly cause disease and will probably not make one sick. Nevertheless, it is recommended that it be treated.
Apparently the source of this type of contamination is not necessarily due to a polluted well. It could be any number of things such as improper sampling, water softener equipment or contamination around the source of sampling.
One thing that could very well be the problem in my particular case is that I dump water from our dehumidifier in our basement into the water softener tank. Our basement has been known to have a mouse or two in it along with all sorts of dust and debris.
After the well is treated, water can not be consumed for 3 to 5 days. Then you have to wait another 10 days before retesting. So stay tuned. Results to follow.