Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Sign of the Times

Four-year-old grandson, Cole, showed me a Valentine decoration that consisted of two hearts held together with a clothespin. It was supposed to be a butterfly.

He asked me what that thing was in the middle. I told him it was a clothespin. He asked me what a clothespin was. I replied that it keeps your laundry on the clothesline. He then asked me what a clothesline was.

When I was his age, I of course knew exactly what a clothesline was and so did our children because it was routine to hang out the laundry.

My son & daughter-in-law live in a neighborhood however that prohibits the use of clothesline or hanging laundry out because it is unsightly and would diminish the character of the neighborhood.

So much for thinking green!

No comments: