Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just another birthday

Exactly 69 years ago today, I came screaming and kicking into the world. I went directly from my mother to an incubator where I resided for the next two weeks.

My mother was never really all that clear as to why that was necessary. While I wasn't technically premature, I was small--plus I was what they called at that time a blue baby.

I'm not sure what that means except that it had something to do with oxygen supply.

Anyway, here I am, 69 years later, hale and hearty--sort of.

It's been an interesting ride. As with anyone my age there have been a few bumps along the way but it's been mostly smooth sailing.

And I think the best part is the days ahead will I hope be even better.

From time to time I hear people talking about a particular age they'd like to be again. Not me. I have no interest whatever in returning to some earlier time.

Certainly learn from the mistakes of the past but then look forward. Always look forward.

No comments: