Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cole-ism


I've posted several pieces about five-year-old Courtney and her eight-year-old sister Brooke and the funny things they say. But I also babysit for Courtney & Brooke's cousins, Cole (age 4) and Nicholas (2) two days a week.

I make Cole & Nicholas take a rest time after lunch. Nicholas goes to sleep almost immediately but Cole plays for a while. Cole likes to tell me he doesn't need a rest time and he says he's not going to sleep. I say that's fine but within about 15 minutes of going upstairs, he's asleep.

Cole likes to come downstairs earlier than Nicholas-sometimes by as much as an hour-and-a-half.
He loves to spend that time with me without Nicholas being around.

Yesterday he asked me how old I was. I told him and also noted that I had a birthday coming up. He said since I'm going to be another year older, I would therefore be taller--maybe someday I might even be as tall as his daddy.

Someday I'm going to go through all my blogs and assemble a compendium of grand child comments heard over the years. I'll put them in a nice binder and present them to each kid on his/her 20th birthday. That means I have to live another 18 years putting me at almost 87.

Hmmmm....well, maybe not.

No comments: