Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't like your choices? Vote anyway!

I keep hearing two messages out there.

First, so many people are turned off to the nasty campaigning characterizing this year's elections that they're seriously considering not voting.

Bad idea.

Many veterans served to ensure your right to vote. Do it.

Second, I hear the dire predictions for the democrats.

Here are a couple of little reminders:
First, to reject democratic policies is to return government to the people who made the mess in the first place!

Second, how quickly we forget--or conveniently overlook--the fact that had the democratic congress not acted as it did, we would now be in the midst of one of the greatest depressions of all time.

Then what would the right be saying?

Whatever. Get out and vote.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

KEEP AT IT GEORGE! The county I live in is a Republican stronghold! Sometimes I get hacked off just sitting in a restaurant and hearing the conversations around me.
I am not very politically minded, but I ALWAYS VOTE!
It is so sad that the land of LIBERTY is becoming the land of APATHY!................K. Taylor

Unknown said...

Hope you don't mind, but I just found this site and decided to nominate you:

bloggerschoiceawards.com/nominate

George Stockwell said...

Wow. Thanks, Karen. Glad you're enjoying the blogs. I like yours too.