Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ah, the (not so) Good Old Days!

Last night Sandi and I were reminded of an aspect of parenting that although ending happily was not very pleasant to experience.

Jen and Pete had to rush Cole to the hospital because of breathing difficulties.

The trip to the hospital in the cool air seemed to work its magic because Cole was breathing better by the time they got there.

Nevertheless, these kinds of experiences are what test parents.

Sandi and I went through an almost identical scenario with Peter when Peter was just about Cole's age.

Same trip. Same hospital. Same end result.

But who ever it was who said "all's well that ends well" was probably not a parent.

The experience left us with a couple of more wrinkles and a few more gray hairs.

Now that I think of it, grand parenting can be trying too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can remember how fearless I was UNTIL I HAD CHILDREN. Then suddenly, the world was a VERY SCARY PLACE!