Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rainy Day Fun


A cool, rainy day doesn't stop two little girls from having a great time with Grandpa.

The day started with the 'jail' game. That's where I put the couch cushions in front of the couch. The girls sit on the bare part of the couch and I throw a blanket over them.
Now they're in jail. The offense this time was they set the house on fire (their idea).

The idea is for them to stay there while I take a nap. While I'm pretending to do that, they run away and I have to find them.

A variation of that game is for me to take their stuffed animals while they're 'sleeping' and hide them. Then they have to find them.

When they tire of this, I cover the kitchen table with an old shower curtain and pull out the finger paints and food coloring (they like to experiment with colors).

All of this brings us to close to lunch time so it's off to the living room to watch a little TV while I clean up and make lunch.

Then it's rest time and more games like arts and crafts or playing school.

Before you know it it's time to go home. Another great day with my two little grand daughters.

With Brooke starting school next week, it will be Courtney and me on Mondays from now on. But I'm sure we'll be seeing Brooke on weekends and holidays.

Summer is nearly over. Time is flying.

No comments: