Saturday, March 20, 2010

Serious Arm Twisting

It's all over the news this morning. The 'news' is the presidents unprecedented arm twisting of reluctant congressman to pass his health reform bill. He's put all of his political eggs in one basket and it could all go tumbling down-but probably not. Still, if that health reform legislation is so important I wonder why I don't know more about it. What will it mean to me? Anything? What will it mean to my son-in-law who is involved in the health care industry? I don't know anything about it because no one does. That's exactly the problem and that's exactly why many Americans are opposed to it. The republicans are opposed to it because that's what they do-oppose. It doesn't matter what the issue is. It doesn't matter how important or beneficial it is. Just say NO. But ordinary people like you and me need to know what this thing is all about. Go ahead, Google it. Try to make sense of the whole thing. That's Obama's major failing. The vote in the House of Representatives is tomorrow. Let's hope they pass this.....well, what ever it is!

No comments: