Friday, January 29, 2010

The State of the Mess Address

The image at right should not be interpreted as meaning I think the president is just a lot of hot air. To the contrary I think he is an intelligent, well-meaning man with some very good ideas and the determination to work at making them a reality. The problem is all the determination in the world isn't going to get it done. Here's how I've analyzed it:
Fact: While there are signs that we're pulling out of this thing, we continue to remain in a very deep recession.
Fact: Obama's inauguration speech made the recession, the impending collapse of the financial system and its corollary, unemployment, the primary focus of his administration.
Fact: He proceeds to spend the next year focusing on necessary but costly health-care reform-the flaw being poor timing, not the issue.
Fact: As a result of the above forces, the republicans do what they do best. They are the masters at this. They pledge total resistance and embark on a blitzkrieg-type campaign that undermines the entire process, arouses public sentiment (partly justified thus making it even more effective) and vows to bring about total and utter stagnation.

And so here we are. No where. Massachusetts sealed our fate. What about Obama's goals for the coming year? Forget it. Most of it's not going to happen. This will be especially evident after the November elections. The nay-sayers are back! I wish I could promise that from this day forward I will focus on the things in my life that make me happy but I know as soon as I do that someone like gas bag Sarah, The Moron, Palin will come along and inspire me to be at it again. Thus endth my rant for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Palin? Gee, I enjoyed watching Palin on TV just yesterday! Oh, wait! That was Michael Palin from Monty Python.