Thursday, October 1, 2009

Who The Hell Is Glenn Beck?

Just when I thought I had the lunatic fringe identified and safely tucked away into mental oblivion, along comes this jerk. A couple of days ago I was browsing a book store and who do I find staring out at me from a large display of books? You guessed it. Then while I was making my way through the morning paper, whose picture do I see in book ads? You guessed it. Finally, while driving along listening to Imus one morning, who do I hear being interviewed? Right again! Isn't it bad enough we have to put up with Limbaugh, Gingrich, Hannity, Palin, Coulter, Cheney, etc? Yeah, yeah. I know. Freedom of speech and all that. I get it. What we need to counter this wave of lunacy is a group of pundits who can be equally forceful without being pugnacious and obnoxious. Florida Representative Alan Grayson is beginning to show promise but he can't do it alone. Come on, gang. Let's rally around the cause for reason and sanity. Speak up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Finally. a Dem with some guts an a pair of spheres!

Tim said...

This guy was a morning DJ on New Haven's KC-101 a few years back called the Glenn Beck Morning Show with a guy named Vinnie Penn. He went away and came back as the second coming of Rush Limbaugh. He is the biggest phony on the airwaves. He sure is a great self-promoter though, raking in the cash. Another post right on the money George!