Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Odds & Ends


1. It's a grand conspiracy against my sanity. I tune into the Today show this morning and what do I see but an interview with the most obnoxious human being on earth: Rush Limbaugh. I immediately switch to Good Morning America. What do I see? Rush Limbaugh responding to Al Sharpton-the second most obnoxious human being on earth. I switch to Imus on Fox Business and what do I see? Glenn Beck! Off went the TV!!

2. Pres. Obama announced to the gay community the end of the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy. The idea is to make it clear that anyone who wants to serve their country in the armed forces may do so but as a veteran I confess to being uncomfortable with his plan to change what has previously worked. I would think any serviceman (woman), straight or gay, would find it very awkward to learn of another person's sexual preference. Why can't people just keep quiet about it? It's no one's business. I can't believe all those generals and admirals at the Pentagon are actually going for this. I think they're just 'yessing' the president.

3. Did you hear about the 1st grader who was suspended from school for bringing a camping utensil to school? Apparently the school has a 'zero tolerance' policy for bringing to school what they perceive to be weapons. It's official. The era of common sense is over. Let insanity rule!!

4. And finally, nearly all of the Nobel Prizes have been awarded and yet again I'm passed over. How can anyone find the Nobel committee credible??!!

Thus endeth my rant of the day.

No comments: