Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bits & Pieces

This was a very busy week catching up on yard work that accumulated over 10 days of neglect so I have nothing profound to say except the following tidbits rattling around in my head.

Things that make me nervous:
A wife emerging from upstairs with a tape measure in her hand and a thoughtful expression on her face.

A grand child who having been left unattended for the briefest of moments yells at the other one "Now look what you've done!!!"

Unexplained wet spots.

Unexplained noises.

Phone calls from people I haven't heard from in ages that go something like this:
"Hey, George. Great to hear from you. It's been a while, huh? Hey, listen, you still have a pickup, right?"

Things I don't care about anymore:
Whether or not Pelosi knew about Bush/Cheney torture policy.
Whether or not the CIA lied to her.
Dick Cheney's fall into complete insanity.
The Republicans regaining control any time soon.

A nagging question:
Where did all that stimulus money go? What happened to all those 'shovel ready' projects the states said they'd start when they got all this money?

An interesting but unimportant piece of trivia:
President Obama's budget proposal for the coming year is large enough to buy everything made in Italy for the year. I don't know who figured it out but I thought it was kind of neat.

That's it until something else comes along and ticks me off.

No comments: