Sunday, April 19, 2009

Look out, Jeter!! There's A New Kid on the Block.

That little cutie you see poised to take a hard hit line drive and fire it to first base is my oldest grand child. She's 5 yrs old and yesterday she played in the first organized sport we've attended for grand children. The first of many, I'm sure. She's in a league with 6 & 7 year old girls but adjacent to the field they played on was a little league game in progress for 10 year old kids-most of whom were boys. One of their coaches happened to look over just as Brooke was batting and asked me if I knew who she was. Being a somewhat protective grandfather, I of course wanted to know why. He said he'd never seen anyone with such amazing skills and he was wondering if her parents would consider letting her join his team......OK, OK. I'm totaling lying but I'm entitled to indulge in "grandparent exaggeration". All of the girls did a great job. They ran the bases correctly although some passed the runner in front of her; they listened to their coaches; they made contact with the ball; they made some really good catches and throws and most of all they were having fun. So stay tuned for many, many more pieces to follow about the accomplishments of our 4 (gifted) grandchildren. (By the way, check out the video clip on http:/georgeswebpage.com for more about the game)

2 comments:

gael lynch said...

Okay, I'll bite! If that is not the cutest pic., I don't know what is!!! I'm glad the girls get their own team...finally!!! Cait played with the boys right up until 3rd grade!! The Yankees tried to recruit her back then, but I knew she was going to have G. Stockwell in 5th grade, so I said NO doing!! (Us proud parents are prone to a bit of the twisted tale as well!)

George Stockwell said...

That is a cute picture, if I do say so myself. Took it with a 12X Zoom Kodak. I was quite a distance from her at the time so I'm pleased with the result.