Thursday, March 5, 2009

You Can't Fix Stupid


At the risk of being politically INcorrect, I find myself agreeing with Blue Color comedian Ron White when he made a hilarious (and lucrative) routine out of the title of this piece. Just yesterday, two particular examples presented themselves. I know, I know. You're probably thinking "Just TWO"? Well, for what it's worth here they are.
1)You may have heard this one on the radio or TV. The woman who called 911-twice-because on the first call McDonald's didn't have chicken McNuggets. The second call was to complain that she didn't get an appropriate refund. The police of course arrested the idiot but not until after the 911 operator went to great lengths to give her suggestions on how to handle the situation with the McDonald's manager. How many people with real emergencies were on hold while this was going on? Let me know when you've figured out who the stupid ones were here.

2) The second 'you can't fix stupid' was discovered while I confess during a temporary moment of mindless boredom I watched The People's Court. The plaintiff was suing her boyfriend for not kicking in toward household expenses. It seems this woman had met this guy on Craig's List or some website along those lines and after a lengthy one week romance invited him to live with her. He accepted and proceeded to free-load off her for the next several months until the web-surfing moron finally figured things out. She lost the case! You Can't Fix Stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I heard about the Mickey D's 911 call. Outrageous. She called at least twice and the 911 operator responded (I guess she has to respond). Now ... a Chicken McNuggets mix up is no disaster but if it were a Big Mac without the special sauce or the sesame seed bun ... look out. You can't make this stuff up!

gael lynch said...

Is all this going on while I'm trying my best to educate the children of these people. I rest my case. It's hopeless. :)

George Stockwell said...

Well, not totally hopeless. Let's hope these folks make up a relatively small percentage of the population. However, sometimes I wonder.....