Monday, March 9, 2009

Bored, Bored, Bored


News Flash! NBC30 nightly news just reported several teenagers were made to sweep broken glass and remove other debris from the streets of two area towns due to a vandalism spree. Some of the parents of the teens maintained that it was unfair and that the towns were at fault because their teens were bored and there wasn't enough for them to do. Can you believe it? I used to hear my kids complaining about where we lived all the time because it was booooorrrrrring! But they didn't go around breaking windows (I know this to be a fact because my kids told me everything. Really!). This has been a common refrain of teenagers since language was invented. In fact Neanderthal cave drawings were recently discovered to contain a primitive type script on their walls that, roughly translated, meant, "I'm so bored. There's never anything to do in this cave." (Remember, back then they didn't have MySpace or Facebook!) How absurd. Are they that stupid they can't find some constructive way to amuse themselves? Never mind making the kids sweep up. Put their irresponsible parents out there with them and then make all involved, parents included, work off the cost of the damage the little brats did! Thus endith my rant for the day:)

No comments: