Monday, February 2, 2009

A Super 'Super Sunday'

I watched the Super Bowl yesterday with a group of 7 men at an assisted living facility. I do volunteer work there and the director had asked me to do this. I'm glad those men got to see that game. They enjoyed the pizza, O'Douls beer and the excitement of the game. The ads drew a lot of comments too. The game itself was probably the best one I've ever seen in terms of excitement and unexpected changes and I've seen all 43. Until yesterday's game the one I'll always remember was Super Bowl III when the Jets beat the Colts. That was a good one only because 'Broadway' Joe Namath kept shooting off his mouth about how the Jets were going to win so everyone watched to see what would happen. Lots of people were hoping the great Colts quarterback, John Unitas, would kick Namath's butt, but.....
Anyway, seven men got to have some fun at a time in their lives that often isn't so much fun.

No comments: