Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Reply

Hi Barack,
Sorry I missed your call last night. I was a little tired so I went to bed early. I know you're anxious about tomorrow's final debate with McCain so here, as promised, are some pointers. I hope you don't mind me posting them on my blogspot but I don't think McCain will see them. He doesn't seem to be reading my blog that often. OK, here goes.

First, get specific without being pedantic (look it up). All people want is a simple straight forward answer to the question. Stop being so theoretical. Remember: KISS, Keep it simple, stupid, is still the best advice there is.

Second, continue to tie McCain's policies to Bush/Cheney. Ironically, at this point they're your best allies!

Third, if McCain refers to you as 'that one' again, call him on it. Look at him and say, "Excuse me, my name is Senator Barack Obama." Demand respect.

Fourth, avoid mud throwing but don't be afraid to remind people briefly of the McCain/Palin tactics. Their recent strategy didn't go over well with people so help them keep it in their minds.

Fifth, be sure to be firm about your commitment to fight terrorism. This is the one area where people still feel uneasy about you. You need to be a little tougher on this point.

Finally, disassociate yourself from the lunatic fringe of people who claim to be your supporters but are really hurting you with their inflammatory remarks.

Follow these pointers and you'll be fine. Good luck!

No comments: