Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Another recently received message


Here's another recently received message from a former student in the wake of a horrible tragedy.



Dear Mr. Stockwell
As
a 5th grade student of yours, going to date us... 88-89. Your name as a teacher is 1 of a very few that have been etched into my memory. What I do remember is that you were a great teacher in a great school. I moved from Sandy Hook in 89 to Wolcott where I was adopted. After high school I joined the military. I currently am in the Army and live just outside of Buffalo, NY. When I saw these tragic events unfold on TV at work, I couldn't believe they were happening, especially at the school I spent 3 grades in. The only thing I can think of now is a faint image of what I remember the inside of the school looking like and the horrendous act of evil. I have 5 children of my own from 2-11 and breaks my heart that this could happen anywhere. Thank you for your many years of service to the school. My prayers are with all that have been affected by this selfish act of terror.

Eric

No comments: