Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Two more messages

Here is the text of two more messages I recently received.

Dear Mr Stockwell,
I am so deeply sad to have learned about the tragedy at our small school. I went to Sandy Hook from 1979-1982 after moving to CT with my family from MD. Everytime I think of my childhood I recall with fondness. Mr Stockwell, Mrs Tommey and Mrs Whippie. Just thought I would google you and there you were all over my search results.
You were a wonderful teacher. Your positive energy and genuine love for your work, for the children is what I always recall when reflecting back to those days. Thank you for having been my teacher!
Thinking of all of you back home.
Best,
Michelle


Hi Mr. Stockwell,
I've been thinking of you and all the teachers I had at Sandy Hook Elementary. I have the best memories of that place, and my family and I are extremely saddened by what happened. I will always be grateful to you and the rest of the staff for giving me a solid foundation of security and confidence--which I still carry with me today.

I hope you are doing okay and your entire family is safe.
Best wishes,
Sonali

No comments: