Monday, December 17, 2012

Recently rec'd message

Being a user of Facebook, I have accumulated a large number of  'friends' many of whom are former students.  As such, recent events have resulted in numerous private messages to me.   Here's one of them.  I'll post more in the coming days.

Thank you Mr.Stockwell. Chari (or Charlie as you liked to call her) and I will never forget your kindness, to say that you left an impression on us is an understatement. You never showed frustration, nor anger during all of those years we knew you. You always had a great smile to offer all of us. If that smile didn't work, then that jar of candy and jolly ranchers, always did the trick. Its funny, that I still feel badly about writing all over your desks. Even though it was always in pencil, I felt bad that someone had to clean it up. It all makes sense now that I am a graphic designer... To this day the smell of the glass cleaner that was used still reminds me of your classroom and that doge viper poster you had on the wall. As far as I can remember, the only negative memory I had at the school was in 1995 a boy in my class Kyle punched your assistant teacher in the belly and ran out of the school. It is laughable that such a minor event seemed inconceivable at the time. I remember her crying and saying "the punch didn't hurt, it was the fact that someone doesn't like me that hurts". How I wish now that adam was only loaded with punches instead... Thank you for being super-human in this kid's eyes. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through. My mom and I are only a message away if you ever would like to grab a cup of coffee and catch up. You are a good man Mr.Stockwell.
Love,
Kialynn

No comments: