Sunday, July 10, 2011

Honey, I can't find the ...... (fill in the blank)

Lucky for me, yesterday was a warm sunny day here. As such, I was able to get out into the yard and get the mowing and various chores done.

The reason why I needed to be outside was because inside there was a veritable storm going on.

You see, it seems my wife decided to 'reorganize' and 'rearrange' the shelves and closets.

This bodes ill for me because now I have to go through another round of not being able to find anything.

Oh, she always makes sure she tells me the new location of various necessities but I've been on automatic for so long, it doesn't sink in.

By the time I remember what she said, it will be time for another round of 'reorganization'.

It's for this reason that men can never find anything. Whatever we're looking for, you can be sure it's been moved.

Here are some of the things I've had to spend extra time searching for:
camera, glucose test kit, old hat, old sneakers (which I fear are destined for the trash heap given the fact they're the source of the odor in the closet that we thought was a dead mouse in the closet walls), notebook where I jot down random thoughts, spare reading glasses...well, you get the idea.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go grocery shopping but I can't find my wallet or key fob...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm feeling your confusion.

When my granddaughter, her two kids, and her critters first moved in with me I had to move two whole rooms (and two closets) of stuff out. Each one of these places had things neatly filed (ok cluttered) with MY STUFF. Although most of it was not the daily necessity type of STUFF but an every so often type of STUFF. So now when I go looking for that STUFF I have no idea where I STUFFED THE STUFF!..kt