Saturday, March 13, 2010

Clarification

My last post regarding the health care debacle drew a variety of responses that have led me to believe I may have been misunderstood so for the record let me clarify. I did not intend to imply that the majority of uninsured people in Connecticut were illegals nor did I mean to imply that they are the ones clogging emergency rooms. As someone pointed out, many folks are self employed and they find the cost of health insurance to be prohibitive. That alone increases the number significantly. Also, I am fully aware of a hospital's triage procedure. The point is there were so many people there because they didn't have insurance that I kept getting shuffled to the back. I haven't any idea who was legal or not-although let's be honest-more than likely a lot of them did not have green cards. Finally, it is a great injustice to stereotype people by assuming that if they're Hispanics then they're illegal. This is not at all the case. End of discussion.

No comments: