Monday, March 15, 2010

Thanks, Ben!

Talk about taking things for granted! It's only when you lose it that you realize just how much we need it. At 6 P.M. Saturday evening we lost power. We didn't get it back until noon the next day. And we had it easy. There are many people around the state who are still out. So compared to other people and previous years we were practically living in the lap of luxury. We've lost power before for days at a time in winter and were it not for our wood burning stove, we'd be at someone's house or a hotel. But this time we have our cell phones and my battery powered laptop has a mobile card so we were able to stay in touch. Plus plenty of candles, flashlights, bottled water and a gas grill and we were good to go. But it was still a royal pain. I can't honestly say I missed TV. It's the need to severely conserve water that gets to me. I hate not being able to take a shower or flush toilets every time. Also, at night I can't read by candlelight so there's nothing to do. Well, it's back now and I've vowed to stock pile more water. And honest, Ben. I'll never take it for granted again.

No comments: