Some questions regarding the tragedy in Las Vegas:
1. How did he get his hands on an automatic weapon? Who sold it to him?
2. Who knew he had so many firearms in his house?
3. Why did he do it? Were there any signs of mental instability?
4. Are the "thoughts and prayers" from politicians enough or have they become a sick joke?
5. What is it going to take?
Now some statistics:
There are roughly 330 million people in the U.S.
There is estimated to be over 270 million firearms of one kind or another in circulation in the U.S.
It's estimated that 40% of the people in the U.S. own some kind of firearm. It's probably a little higher.
The top three reasons stated for owning a firearm are as follows:
17%=shooting sports (target, trap, skeet, etc)
The other 3%? Collectors, just because they can and lunatics-not necessarily in that order and some people may cover all three categories.