Monday, October 9, 2017

How many 'ologists' have you been to?

Everyone knows that as you get older there's a good chance you're going to become much more knowledgeable about the medical community.  For example besides my primary care doc, I have had for one reason or another been to a rather impressive list of 'ologists' and a few who aren't ologists.

I see two besides my primary care doc on a regular basis (besides my dentist and eye doctor): my nephrologist and urologist.

Here are some more I've seen for various reasons or concerns:
gastroenterologist
neurologist
cardiologist
pulminologist
opthamalogist
dermatologist
...
And an orthopedist

Most of these are routine like eye exams, colonoscopy, endoscopy, etc.  Some are more than routine to the extent they involved surgery. 

At any rate it's my hope I don't get to meet anymore.

Here's hoping your list isn't as long.

No comments: