Sunday, March 12, 2017

Solve all our problems. Send money.

I'll bet I get at least 5 emails a day that are actually for the purpose of raising my money.

Take for example the emails I get from politicians from all sides either criticizing Donald Trump or speaking out in support of his policies.

They usually begin with a headline blaring from the screen saying something like "join me in protesting this dreadful appointment to _________ (fill in the blank)."  Then it goes on to ask how much you're willing to send, be it a lowly $5 or a super supporter of $500. 

I've often wondered how giving them money is going to help.  Are they going to use it to fund a law suit?  Or maybe they're going to hire lobbyists.  Of course in reality, the money is going into their campaign coffers with the argument being if you help them  get re-elected they'll be able to continue the good fight.

Needless to say, I never donate.  But the emails keep coming. Every day.  And somehow they manage to avoid going in my spam folder.  I wonder how they do that.


No comments: