Sunday, September 11, 2011

This day marks two occasions...

The first one we all know about--9/11.

I'm sure you, like me, remember clearly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news of the terrorist attack.

I was on my way to school only to discover it had been canceled for that day--not because of the attack. It seems a delivery truck somehow snagged the power lines going to the school and pulled them down.

I was told at the school to go to the central office to help phone parents to inform them of the cancellation.

It was at about 8:45 on my way home when I heard of the attack on the World Trade Center. I stayed glued to the TV for the rest of the day.

The second occasion is in marked contrast to the first. I was at my 50th high school reunion last night. There were only about 52 people in our class so it wasn't a big crowd but there were surprisingly more people there than I anticipated.

It was a very nice evening and fun to reconnect to all those 'old' friends of so long ago. We plan to do it again in 5 years which will put us well into our 70s. We'll see.

No comments: