Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Courtney

Yesterday, September 14th, was Courtney's 5th birthday. Courtney is the 2nd of four grand children. Her sister is 7.

Courtney started kindergarten this year but I still go up to my daughter and son-in-law's house every Thursday, sometimes to get Courtney off the bus and then a few hours later we pick Brooke up from school.

So Courtney and I spend a few hours together.

Today we played the usual game--school. Except this isn't your ordinary school. This is chore school. That's right C-H-O-R-E school.

Today I learned how to clean the kitchen table, vacuum the play room, wash dishes and dust.

How she came up with this is anyone's guess. Very likely she and her older sister Brooke invented the game together.

Next time I'll describe the games Courtney and Brooke's cousins Cole and Nicholas have invented for when I'm with them Mondays and Wednesdays.

You can always count on new adventures with grand children.

No comments: