Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lessons I've Learned

I was born 68 years ago today. I normally don't make a big deal of my birthday. I look at it as just another day and hope there're many more to come. Other than that, life goes on.

Nevertheless, I can't help but take a moment or two to reflect on the preceding years.

So what have I learned in almost 7 decades? What's important and what isn't?

Well without question the two most important things are health and family. If a reasonably intelligent person has his/her health, then they can do pretty much whatever they want providing of course they've made good choices for themselves.

Family is very simply what makes the effort worthwhile.

A third thing I've learned that just makes it easier to get through the days sometimes is don't sweat the small stuff. There are lots of petty details in life--especially in the area of interpersonal relationships--that simply aren't worth blowing all out of proportion.

That's it for reflections. Time to move on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep! That about sums it up! kt